Sunday, October 3, 2010

just before it gets better

A few weeks ago, it was rainy. It rained. And rained... I was really sick of being cold, in that wet kind of way. I didn't like having to walk to school in the rain.
Just when I was about to give up on ever seeing the sun again, there was a break. The air was cool, and crisp, and no humid any more. I was SO happy! But I was even happier when I looked at the mountains. On the very tops, there was a fresh, white layer of snow! It was a sight for sore eyes.
Sometimes things in our lives don't go the way we want them to. It may seem like God isn't paying attention. We wonder why he lets things get so horrible. But one thing I've learned from this experience with the snow is that God often lets things get worse, just before he makes them better. That snow on top of the mountains wouldn’t have even been possible with out the clouds, and the rain that came with them. We have to learn that "all things work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purposes." (Rom 8:28)We need to remember that things will be better someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment