Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Hitting Home

I have a problem with things hitting me. At least today. In Tumbling class, the floor kept on hitting me. Or maybe I was hitting the floor.... Well, either way, I think I was hurt by it more than the floor was by me. I get hit by homework assignments that I forget about or put off. My funny-bone was getting hit during supper (in a figurative way. But that's a good thing). Just now, I went to the bathroom, that the stall door hit my thumb in its closing jaws. I really hope that doesn't turn purple. Then, after I got back to my room, I was getting something out of the fridge and as I shut the door (forgetting that my arm was still in it) I hit my arm. While I was thinking about some of these things hitting me, something else hit me -- a thought. I'm in college. It was kind of one of those thoughts that sent shivers down my spine. My whole life I have wanted to be in college. While doing my 2nd grade school-work at home, I would go out into the living room or my bedroom and pretend that I was a college student, cool enough to do school-work on the couch. I always thought that my life would be "perfect" once I got to college. It's not that I wanted to leave home, it's just that I idealized that future part of my life, and wanted to be there instead of where I was. Now I'm there. That thought really hit home to me as I walked the hallway of my college dorm. God has been blessing me so much more than I deserve. But more often then not, I am too focused on my "to-do list" to think about where He has been leading me. He still tries to guide me softly, as is His way. But sometimes He just hits me with a thought like "Wake up Heather!" He's not rude, but He has a way of getting His point across. He really know's how to hit home. "I'm here." That's a thought that is seemingly simply, but ultimately is complex. "What am I doing here?" "Am I making my presence here worth it? Or am I just cumbering the ground?" What can I say to make something like this hit home for you? How has God been leading, and how have you been responding? I guess the main, home-hitting thought I have is this: I am here. Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment