Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Appreciation

These are just some thoughts that have been running though my head today. They're a little scrambled, but I hope you can make sense of them. Today was Student Appreciation Day. Staff members went around campus, sporting a balloon, and a grocery bag full of ziplock-bagged cookies. I received one, with an orange (my favorite color) note attached: "It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up." Inside the bag I found a perfect cookie -- Chocolate mint. What a nice way to be appreciated! I know that I don't thank people enough. I hardly ever tell my parents how much I am indebted to them for their training. Who would I be today if they had not followed the Bible example: "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it," (Proverbs 22:6 KJV). How often I've felt tormented by evil, but I have the firm training from the hand of God, through my family and it helps me. I don't often think to thank my roommate for all the enjoyment and happiness she brings. I hear of people whose rooming arrangements just didn't work. Praise God, I had the roommate or my choice, my tried and true friend. Even in this Holiday time of Thanksgiving, and Christmas, I don't think to thank God for the peace He brings, and for holding me up. Praise God that I can trust Him! He will take care of my deficiencies, and will also help me do my best. So I only have 13.01 days left till I board my plane for home. I can't tell you how exciting that is! That's something to be appreciative for! But I also have 13.00 days of tests, finals, and deadlines. Shoot, way to take all the fun out of the next few days. But I know I can trust God to take care of me, and to carry me though. That's really something to be thankful for! So what are you thankful for? Who do you appreciate?

No comments:

Post a Comment