Friday, December 7, 2012

Home Again!

I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year! I think I write a post like this every time it's almost break time.... I guess I just get hit with the same realization each time. I only have 5.11 days till I get on the plane in Pasco to head home. I am SO excited! Not only have I been away from home and family for a long time, but I've also just finished my first quarter of my first year of college. A lot of stuff has happened, and I just can't wait to be home again. Plus, I hear there's actually snow at home (We haven't been that fortunate here yet). Every once in a while, I get the "butterflies in my stomach" feeling -- I'm headed home! No day has passed this week that I haven't thought about home, and realized how much I can hardly wait to be there! Similarly, we are all headed to our Heavenly home, where we will meet Jesus, and all our friends and family from here on earth. I think that this life here is the most stressful thing we'll have to go through. But it's almost through! I was thinking about Heaven the other day, and realized that I haven't thought about it in a LONG time. Its not something I think about every day, how I can't wait to be there and how wonderful it will be. But with all the pressures of this life, how can we help but think about it! Heaven is our Hope! We know that this too will pass, and we will soon be at peace. Isn't that something important to think about? When was the last time you thought about Heaven? When did you last think of the wonderful promise and hope of eternal life with Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment