Thursday, January 10, 2013

Snow

God made my day today. It snowed. There was something wonderful about walking aimlessly across campus, with huge, fluffy flakes drifting down on my head. I love the feeling on my cheeks that comes from the special coldness that snow brings! I was thinking of the verse "Wash me, and I will be whiter than snow" (Psalm 51:7). That's what happened to me this morning. It was a normal day. I woke up, and ate breakfast and was doing school work. My head ached a little, and I was tired. My stomach didn't feel too great either. I could have found anything to complain about. But when the snow started to drift down to the ground, I found something to be excited about. God changed my attitude, and made it as white as snow. Sure, I have lots of homework, but why should I complain about it? It snowed! God cares about me so much that he gave me one of my favorite things to spice up an otherwise ordinary and uninteresting day. Isn't God good? He knows just how to make our days special, despite all the cares and problems that Satan wants to force on us. Today, think about the ways God has blessed you. Ignore the lies Satan tells. Don't let him distract you from the special things God has in store for you. Let God make you whiter than snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment