Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sabbath

These last few days have been full of excitement! First of all, Thursday we had a school wide sick day. There were over 35 people sick, out of a student body of 85! I worked clean up every night of the school week and then again on Sabbath Morning, since there were so many people sick.
And we also have Provincial Exams for the first half of this week! By the way, for those of you who are not from Canada, Provincial Exams are the tests that we have on certain subjects at the end of the class. We, grade 11, have a Social Studies provincial. And most exciting, it’s on my birthday! I get to spend three hours of my birthday sitting in the English/socials room trying to remember which Prime Minister introduced the Canadian Bill of Rights. Exhilarating, huh?
For our Math test, we did something much more exciting, and a lot less stressful! Our teacher handed us pieces of paper with problems all over them. The answers to these problems were different numbers that ended up being measurements for a recipe for cookies! That was very unique....
All of these goings on helped me to really see how much of a blessing the Sabbath is. How would I be able to survive with out it? By the time Wednesday rolls around, every one is saying “It’s almost Sabbath!” We really appreciate that God gave it to us, and I try to make the

No comments:

Post a Comment