Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Seeing Stars

It was 3:10 AM, on January 3. I had gotten little sleep, and no rest. My plane flew high above what I assume was the great Pacific Ocean. I had just spent a some bonding time with my new iPod. By this time I as bored with most of my games, an was tired if trying to keep up in typing all the words to my favorite songs. These iPod screens aren't the best for speed typing! I tried to use the wireless Internet provided on the airplane, only to discover to my consternation that it didn't really work with out paying a hefty sum. 
Wishing to relieve my eyes from the stresses of staring at a computer screen, I looked out the window. There was a super bright light, that didn't seen to bee too far away. Then I discovered that that was the wing tip. 
I decided to look beyond the glowing bulb and searched the sky for any familiar stars. Then I spotted the familiar "shape" of Orion, the famous hunter of the night sky. And of course that set me thinking of home, and all the times I'd seen it before. Then I thought about the time when I'll be able to see Orion up close. Very close! 
Ellen White describes the coming of Christ like this. "Dark heavy clouds came up, and clashed against each other. The atmosphere parted and rolled back; then we could look up through the open space in Orion, whence came the voice of God. The holy city will come down through that open space. I saw that the powers of earth are now being shaken, and that events come in order." (CET 111.2)
 After that, we will be caught up, "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first." (1 Thessalonians 4:16) and Jesus says "...If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also." (John 14:3) I want to "be there also." Don't you? 

1 comment:

  1. Wow Heather! My thoughts followed a very similar course the other night when we were flying home and I was staring at Orion... Yes, I definitely long to be there!!!

    ReplyDelete