Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Best Birthday Present: Part 2

I know this is delayed, but I decided that I need to keep writing on this. I learned so much from my birthday this year -- It will be one of my favorite birthdays for a long time!
So at 5:00 in the morning, my room mate, Sam, woke me up by jumping on my bed and yelling "Heather! Wake up, it snowed!" I shot out of bed, and groggily ran outside. Sure enough, there was almost 2 inches of snow, covering everything around. There were still snowflakes lazily drifting down. Praise the Lord! He answered my prayers.
I couldn't believe how faithful God is. So many of my friends woke up on Thursday and thought "Hey, look at the snow! Heather's going to be so happy!"
Over steaming cups of hot chocolate, Sam told me of a conversation she had with one of the guys. "I knew it was going to snow." He said. I expected a smart continuation like "They changed the forecast" or "of course, the wind last night rolled the clouds and coldness in." But no. His reply was "We prayed for it."
He knew it was going to snow, because we had been praying for it. What faith! I wish that I had that much faith.
So, the part two to the best birthday present was not only snow, but faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment