Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Going Home

The other day, I sorted carrots. A lot of carrots, to be exact. I sorted, bagged, and stacked approximately 550 pounds of carrots. This can tend to get really boring. however, I was able to escape the mindless actions by thinking. I mostly thought about home. When I was going home. That was an exciting thought. When I thought of this, I started jumping up and down, singing songs, and praising God. I thought about what I was going to do when I got home. That was a little harder. I couldn't imagine all of the things that I could do! One other thing that I thought about was what home was like. That was a little harder. It scared me that I was having trouble remembering what home was like. I could kind of see a picture in my head of the house. I was also thinking of all the things that I would be doing at home. Here's my list so far.
1) See my family and Friends
That's the end of my list! I couldn't even imagine a single thing that I was going to do during the time that I'll be home.
This kind of reminds me of a verse in the bible. 1 Corinthians 2:9 "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." We have a home, a home that is even better than Alaska. It's called heaven. We used to live in a place a lot like heaven, about 6,000 years or so ago. But now we are here. We are going home soon too. We should get excited, just thinking about it! But imagining what we will do there is useless. It is written in God's word that no one has ever even imagined what God has in store for those He loves. That makes me feel special. One wonderful thing, though. This is not a "Thanksgiving break" Where we get a taste of heaven, then are thrown back into the world. We get to spend an eternal "Thanksgiving life" where we get to do just that. Give thanks to God. What a day, glorious day that will be!I can't wait to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment